Aloo Palak Pakoda
[youtube id=Sl_irGc9zsQ autoplay=1]
Ingredients for making Aloo-Palak Pakoda:
- Spinach 200 gm
- Potato 200 gm
- Onion 200 gm
- Green chillies 2-3
- Chickpea flour 1 cup
- Corn Meal 1/4 cup
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Carom Seeds 1 tsp
- Asafoetida 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Oil (Preferably Mustard Oil) for deep frying
- Roughly chop spinach. Chop onion. Chop potato into small & uniform pieces.
- Put all the chopped vegetables in a bowl.
- Add finely chopped green chillies.
- Add asafoetida, turmeric, carom seeds & salt.
- Do not add too much salt because green leafy vegetables (Spinach here) require less salt.
- Mix everything well with a spoon & let it rest for 1 minute.
- After that add corn meal & chickpea flour.
- Mix & mash everything now with your hands.
- Let this mixture rest for 2 minutes.
- Heat oil on High for frying the pakodas.
- After 2 minutes mix everything once again.
- Drop bite sized pakodas in the oil.
- Frying of pakodas should be done on medium/high heat. This means increasing & decreasing the heat during cooking as per requirement.
- When the pakodas are cooked & turn golden in color remove them on an absorbent paper towel.
Serve warm with chutney or sauce of choice.
For Dhaniya Chutney
For Pudina Chutney