Chauranga (Hindi चौरंगा) is a 2016 Hindi film. It is the debut feature film of Indian writer-director Bikas Ranjan Mishra, produced by Onir and Sanjay Suri. The film was developed at the Screenwriters’ Lab organized by National Film Development Corporation of India in collaboration with Locarno Film Festival and the ScriptStation of Berlinale Talent Campus, a part of Berlin International Film Festival. The Film won Golden Gateway of India Award for Best Film (India Gold 2014) at the 16th Mumbai Film Festival.
A fourteen-year-old Dalit boy (Soham Maitra) is growing up in an unnamed corner of India. His dream is to go to a town school like his elder brother (Riddhi Sen) and his reality is to look after the pig that his family owns. His only escape is to sit atop a Jamun tree and adore his beloved (Ena Saha) passing by on her scooter. His unspoken love is as true as his mother’s helplessness who cleans the cowsheds of the local strongman’s mansion, with whom she also has a secret liaison. When the boy’s elder brother comes on a vacation to the village, he soon finds out about his younger brother’s infatuation. The learned elder brother makes him realize the need to express his love and helps him write a love letter.
- आज हंसी नहीं क्या! ऐसे ही थोड़े ना है, वो हमसे प्यार करती है
- हमारे द्धार से कोई बिना खाए नहीं जाता
- दिन भर मटर गश्ती करता रहता है, भईया जब तक घर हो अक्षर दो अक्षर पढ़ना लिखना सीख लो
- बालावस्था के प्रथम चरण में स्तन स्पॉट होता है! ये सब स्कूल में पढ़ाते हैं? लड़की लोग के सामने?
- स्कूल भगा जा रहा था
- चिल्ला देंगे ना तो जात भ्रष्ट हो जायेगा
- लव लेटर लिखना आता है तुमको
- क्या सलमान, कब लिखेगा लव लेटर?