Apple had just launched what looks like tampons for your ears, and an iPhone that looks exactly the same as every single year.
iFans were trying to rejoice. Android lovers were pestering them with a list of the features the iEmpire had stolen yet again.
And then a company that makes phones using Nokia’s old production facilities dropped the ball on them . A phone with specifications so hardcore you’d swear it can power a Transformer.
Turing want to make a phone with a 60MP camera, 4K display, 18GB RAM, 1.2TB storage & looks like THIS… ok good luck pic.twitter.com/I1nt8GtoQi
— Marques Brownlee (@MKBHD) September 6, 2016
Robotics Industries (TRI) has unveiled the Monolith Chaconne, which sounds impressive, but translates (literally) to large rock + ballroom dance.
The phone will be launched in 2018, when its specs might sound a little believable
- 6.4-inch 4K display running a 2160×3840 pixel resolution
- Powered by three Qualcomm Snapdragon 830 (still to be officially announced) CPUs
- 1.2TB internal storage
- 60MP rear camera with IMAX 6K recording and 20MP dual-front camera
- Four SIM cards
- 100Wh battery with graphene and hydrogen fuel cells.
- If that storage isn’t enough, you can add 2 micro SD cards.
Sadly, not Android
The OS is Turing’s own Swordfish OS with Artificial Intelligence (AI) features.