Shahi paneer is a preparation of paneer in a thick gravy made up of Cream(Cashew), tomatoes and spices. It is mainly eaten with roti, naan, rice, other breads. Paneer is the word for cottage cheese, and shahi is the term for royal.
Cuisine: Indian, Mughlai Serves: 4
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Main Ingredients :
- 300 gm Cottage Cheese (Paneer) Rectangular Pieces/Cubes
- 2 tsp Butter/Ghee
- 2 tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Paste or 2 Grated Garlic Cloves
For the Paste :
- 1 Large Onion
- 4 Tomatoes
- Half Cup Cashews
- 1/2 Green Chilli/Deghi Mirch
- 2 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric(Haldi)
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom(Elaichi) Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil Leaves(Tulsi) or Kastoori Methi
- Salt & Sugar as Required
- First of all cut the Onions, Tomatoes and Green Chilli in big slices.
- Then in a pan pour 2 cups of water and turn on the heat at medium.
- Put sliced onions, tomatoes, chilli & half cup cashews in the pan and mix it well.
- Now cover the pan and let the veggies and cashews become soft on medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool down in the pan for next 10 minutes,
- After that blend it in a Mixer & your onion tomato paste is ready.
- In another pan pour 2 tsp butter & keep it on the stove at medium-high heat.
- After that put the garlic paste & fry it till it becomes golden brown.
- Add 1/2 tsp garam masala and a pinch of turmeric.
- Add Dried Basil Leaves(Tulsi) & Cardamom(Elaichi) Powder.
- Add 2 tsp tomato ketchup and mix it well.
- Now pour that onion tomato paste in the pan & mix it well.
- Add some salt & sugar to taste.
- Stir it well and let it stay on medium flame for 5 min.
- Finally add the paneer cubes & mix it gently.
- Turn off the heat in 2 minutes.
and your yummy Shahi Paneer is ready to eat… 🙂
Garnish it with Basil/Cilantro Leaves with a touch of white cream… Its upto your creativity…
Share your experience below in the comments section, see you soon with a new Recipe…